Eng-Tips is the largest engineering community on the Internet

Intelligent Work Forums for Engineering Professionals

Technology of water electrolysis employing Proton Exchange Membrane (PEM) electroliser (PEMEL)

Status
Not open for further replies.

PI055

Mechanical
Mar 10, 2022
BA
Can I have a word from someone familiar with process of green Hydrogen production

Replies continue below

Recommended for you

I am working on a quotation for preparing the conceptual design for the unit for a production of green hydrogen via technology of water electrolisis employing Proton Exchange Membrane (PEM) electroliser (PEMEL), but I don-t know much about this. I would like to know what are the components inside this unit and also is it possible to provide complete unit from specialized manufacturer or I need to order piece by piece ?

Yes, you buy these as entire systems.
The issue of which style of system you use tends to be based on system size.
These range from benchtop to thousands of tons/day.

= = = = = = = = = = = = = = = = = = = =
P.E. Metallurgy, consulting work welcomed

Thank you for the hints. In these few days I have already find some answers through the web. Client requires PEM electrolyzer so I have to follow that. I posted the question here because I have one thing to clarify: I am afraid that I may prepare a process diagram with missing piece of equipment which may impact the budget estimation. Question about complete unit is to clarify if PEM electrolyzer manufacturers deliver only electrolyzer as a piece which I include in my unit design, or they also provide e.g. some filters or separators which are necessary for the normal unit operation.

The people that I have seen provide them as either, but fully engineered packages are common.
Reach out to someone in your region that makes these (not just a re-seller) and ask.

= = = = = = = = = = = = = = = = = = = =
P.E. Metallurgy, consulting work welcomed

@EdStainless that's what I am trying to do and that's why I posted this thread because web links usually send you to a seller... Anyway, thanks for the help

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back