Eng-Tips is the largest engineering community on the Internet

Intelligent Work Forums for Engineering Professionals

Tektronix 2630 FFT analyzer display problem

Status
Not open for further replies.
Replies continue below

Recommended for you

I have several. I located software for them from a variety of sources.

I am not sure if the rules of this forum allow posting of email addresses, but I can probably stick the files (4 MB zip file) on an ftp site somewhere for you.

Only request is that you describe your success/failure with your unit with me.

I have been working with a guy on and off for quite a while on these things and we have both noted that the update rates between the analyzer and the PC are ridiculously slow, especially since he recalls them being nearly real time in his professional experience with them.

Also, of the four units I have, two work and two are variously flawed. They are very complicated internally and there's a lot of opportunity to break them.

I have manuals, cable drawings, software installation disks, and some operational smarts about them which I can share.

Forrest

Forrest -

Thanks for the response! I will the the transfer site sorted out in the next day or two.
What I have guessed about the system is:
1) The original post for the cable pinout requires the addition of RTS/CTS CTS/RTS hardware protocall?
2) This system is designed for the PC and Analyzer to use two serial ports?
3) Control port 9600,n,8,1 Data port 38400,n,8,1
4) Software is CPU speed sensitive
5) Found Control port commands
6) Unit is downloaded and controlled on the primary port, when operational or 'Run Mode'
7) Found code V 2.26 dated 3/20/92
8) The enviroment used for PC is x86 emulation software running on a modern PC.
9) My unit Downloads ? Passes selftest ! will not go into 'RUN MODE'.
10) I stopped when I found the 2 serial port problem and am compilling the emulation software to have two serial ports.

Thanks for any comments

Oldhoorn....

My units work with only one serial port. I think that the second one may be used for chaining two together in some manner.

Your 2.26 code may be the latest, too. I'll see if I can check later.

You have to download code to the thing, then start a DOS program to get it to work. I've forgotten the details but did take good notes, which I'll share.

I'm going to check other posts to see if putting links in this forum is allowed. If so, I'll post a link to my backpack site where I store the code.

Forrest

oldhoorn....

I checked. I have code 2.26, too. 4 disks.

ALso, my Backpack account doesn't let me share files, so I'll have to post them elsewhere for you or email them, but I DO know this forum does not like emails to be posted.

Gotta figure out how to do it without angering the gods. I'll ask the adminstrators and get back to you.

Forrest

P.S. - All the code that runs on the pc is written in Turbo Pascal and the source is provided. I have the various pascals, too. I think all of this is public domain now, too.

oldhoorn...

are you aware of the tekscopes group on yahoo? it has good info on tek hardware in general, and if you join it, perhaps we can link up via that channel. it's free, or as free as it gets with yahoo.

i did mail management here and ask how we can exchange email addressed legally.

forrest

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back