Eng-Tips is the largest engineering community on the Internet

Intelligent Work Forums for Engineering Professionals

• Congratulations waross on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Telecommunication Network Design

Status
Not open for further replies.

beadCraze

Electrical
Dec 29, 2003
MY
Hi there,
Does anyone know where can i get more information on network design in the telco industry? Fundamentals of it, or information such as what are the different aspects in network design

Thanks!

Replies continue below

Recommended for you

When you say Telco networks, are you referring to the access netowrk? The access network being the installed cable, wiring and cross connect infrastructure.

If so, I should be able to help you considerably.

John

Having worked with a core network vendors in both installation, design and deployment; I feel fairly certain I may be able to assist answering most telco related questions. I like to forward think market applications with relation to service. It is my intention to maintain an objective view as it regards a marketed service or products.

I currently work for a wireless carrier an we are expanding our services to reach rural America.

If I can be of any assistance don't hesitate.

Not to put to fine of a point on it but "Core Network" is rather simple in construction and design. You should maintain Bell Core Standards of the past and apply future functionality to your design. Keep in mind realestate is a premium and Moore's law does take affect.

Question:
What type of market are you serving?
What services are going to provide today and in the future?

In response to mjwilli's note on Telcordia, they have an excellent document called "Telcordia Notes on the Network".
This will answer absoutely all your questions. You will have to fork over about 800.00 bucks or so. Maybe you can find someone who has an old copy. They update every few years.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back