Eng-Tips is the largest engineering community on the Internet

Intelligent Work Forums for Engineering Professionals

• Congratulations waross on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Teledyne Semi. obsolete IC info needed

Status
Not open for further replies.

jkennard

Electrical
May 30, 2001
US
I am looking for the data sheets and/or description of the pinouts for the following Teledyne Semiconductor digital devices (late 60's to early 70's vintage):

312CJ ; 321CJ ; 342CJ

Note: I have previously searched many sources including with no success. If you suggest a source, please check it out first to be sure that the information that I am seeking is really available on that site. Perhaps someone with an old copy of an IC Master might have this information. Thanks in advance to anyone that can help me.

Replies continue below

Recommended for you

Do you have a working circuit you want to understand or are you trying to repair one ? do you have schematics ? <nbucska@pcperipherals.com>

Yes, I have a working circuit with schematics. I have determined some of the circuitry based on the limited information available, but I still have questions on some connections. Ultimately, I want to be able to replace these components in the future with available parts, if/when there is a failure. These digital devices are similiar to, but are not an exact drop in for Motorola or TI devices back in the early 70's. The pin outs are different and there are different and/or addtional connections. I also looked at old copies of Electronics World, Popular Electronics, and other electronic magazines from the 70's to find if these devices were utilized in other designs. I only found a couple of designs using Teledyne Semiconductor devices with limited usefulness, mostly TI and Mot. devices were utilized back then.

These devices must be RTL or DTL logic, so very simple.
I think you could replace them with 14/16 pin modules
based on surface mount parts.

It may be worth ro redesign the whole thing, today it must be much easier. <nbucska@pcperipherals.com>

YES, replacing them with SMD modules would work well.

However, there are a couple of connections that I am trying to understand what they are for, and that is why I am trying to locate the pinouts or data sheets. These devices are located on 3 separate PC Boards, so redesigning them, although fun, is not what I have time for right now. I would rather plug in an equivalent DIP module based on a surface mount device, if needed, in the existing board(s) for now. Thanks nbucska for your thoughts on this problem.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back