Eng-Tips is the largest engineering community on the Internet

Intelligent Work Forums for Engineering Professionals

• Congratulations waross on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Terminated Wire Rope

Status
Not open for further replies.

dreinsdo

Mechanical
Jul 6, 2011
US
Hi all,

I am looking for pre-terminated/fitted wire rope. The wire rope should be 1/8" diameter w/ some type of plastic coating (doesn't matter what plastic formulation is used), and the terminations should be ball ends.

I ask for pre-terminated because from my initial research, it looks like I have to have a swage press to add fittings to a wire rope, which I don't. Please correct me if I'm wrong.

Do you know of any distributors that sell wire rope with ball type fittings attached?

Replies continue below

Recommended for you

Well, yes, if you are located near me - google University Swaging, Seattle, WA.

If you want full-strength ball terminals, you may want a double-shank ball (like MS20663), and specify a) plastic coating must be stripped prior to swaging, b) swaging to be done by a rotary swaging hammer.

1/8" wire rope is pretty and perhaps clips are available for that size to make end loops if that is something you can use for your project. Check out Crosby catalog on line for clips.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back