Termination Issue at 32A socket 3

Status
Not open for further replies.

NickParker

Electrical
Sep 1, 2017
NL
Termination_Issue_muv0ld.jpg

I cannot use spade (fork type) lugs as the spec ask not to. These sockets are to be installed in Hazardous area

Any inputs are welcome!

Replies continue below

Recommended for you

If the reason for using 16 mm² conductor is voltage drop, not current carrying capacity, you could splice a 10 mm² conductor to the 16 mm² for terminating. I don't know if there are any code restrictions.

Mr NickParker (Electrical)(OP)8 May 23 06:32
1. If the equipment is provided with terminal allows for 10mm[sup]2[/sup] conductor which is sufficient for its current rating, but you had installed 16 mm[sup]2[/sup] for VD or available leftover stock .....reasons; you may use a reducing link (see Utilux Cat No. H1785) with one end suitable for 10mm[sup]2[/sup] conductor with the other end suitable for 16 mm[sup]2[/sup].
2. Attention: This is a non-stock item. Manufactured to order only. Check with your local office the latest status and whether they entertain small quantity order.
Che Kuan Yau (Singapore)

AWG equivalents:
BNT14CD8 - Non Insulated Step Down Butt Connector - 6 AWG to 8 AWG

MOLEX 19154-0047 6 TO 8 AWG BUTT SPLICE VYL.INS

6 AWG To 8 AWG Vinyl Insulated Step Down Butt Splice Connector (100/Pkg.)

6 TO 8 AWG VINYL REDUCING BUTT CONNECTOR

Uninsulated Reducing Splice For 6 AWG and 8 AWG

--------------------
Ohm's law
Not just a good idea;
It's the LAW!

You can just get what are called "pin terminals" or "pin reducers" that crimp to the end of the wire and provide a smaller pin for the device.
uninsulated-pin-terminals-a-p-default-application-01_x3xtvr.jpg

When I search for them here, everything defaults to North American wire gauges instead of mm sizes, but most of the companies that make wire terminals offer these, so someone offering crimp terminals for metric wire will have them.

" We are all here on earth to help others; what on earth the others are here for I don't know." -- W. H. Auden

Thanks for the information, Jeff.
I have used larger pin connectors but I didn't realize that they were available in smaller sizes.

--------------------
Ohm's law
Not just a good idea;
It's the LAW!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back