Eng-Tips is the largest engineering community on the Internet

Intelligent Work Forums for Engineering Professionals

Terraced Wall Analysis 2

Status
Not open for further replies.

jaggars

Geotechnical
Mar 2, 2006
I am looking for a Design calculations for Simple terraced wall analysis where upper wall applies load on to lower wall externally and interally as well using NCMA design equations.

Thanks for all your help.

Replies continue below

Recommended for you

If this is a mechanically stabilized earth (MSE) wall almost all the block manufacturers; Anchor Block, Keystone, etc. have free software you can use. The documentation for the software provides good examples and theory for "tiered" walls which principles are applicable to any kind of retaining wall.

Then there is always your old soil mechanics textbook.

good luck

Use the FHWA Manual NHI-00-043 which deals directly with internal stress analysis and superimposition of loads. You will need to use a decent slope stability program to model the global stability.

Agree with MSEMan. The NHI manual provides the design guidance necessary to complete external and internal stability checks and calculations.

Jeff

I am trying run a global stablity analysis check for 7 low ht (0.5m) each seperated J=0.9m face to face using ReSSA3.0 by Aadma. How do i analyze that? Earlier for 2 tierd walls i use MSEW3.0 and export the .RSA file created by its analysis into ReSSa. But not sure how do i run Global Stabilty Analysis for 7 tired walls.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back