Eng-Tips is the largest engineering community on the Internet

Intelligent Work Forums for Engineering Professionals

• Congratulations waross on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Terramodel (ADC files) vs. Vista compatibility

Status
Not open for further replies.

nick1710

Civil/Environmental
Apr 27, 2009
GB
Hi,

First post (so lets hope I don't make some kind of forum faux-pas) and looking for a bit of advice.

I have been using Trimble Terramodel for years now quite happily but have encountered a problem...

I have just upgraded to a Windows Vista machine from XP and everything seemed fine at first - software loaded up OK & working.

I have put my survey in, done all my edits in RDE etc.
Now I wish to run Autodraft, but every time I try to run it the program completely crashes! Obviously this is not ideal as all my point line & string features are neatly encapsulated in my ADC file.

Does anyone know wht this is?
Never had any problem with this when it was on the old XP machine, & apparently it all should be working fine!

Frustrating, as I have jobs to get out asap & clients on my back!!!

Nick

Replies continue below

Recommended for you

Could just be vista. I know when I bought a new computer with vista some of my old files where not compatiable and made the damn thing crash consistantly. You may have to contact your supplier and see if they can give you any advice on how to overcome the problem, or you might be running an older version that doesnt support vista fully

I don't know about Terramodel, but i do know that Copan -- a free COGO program from Underhill -- does have issues with vista: it seems to work fine on vista32 but not on vista64.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back