Intelligent Work Forums for Engineering Professionals

testing welding machine 1

Status
Not open for further replies.

gary50

Mechanical
Nov 20, 2006
FI
Our company is manufacturing pressure vessels. the inspection company which is controlling our quality matters is not happy with our way of testing the welding machines (MIG, MAG).

We should be able to make an own certificate about our welding machnies, where is show, that the machines are in good condition for the production.

Does somebody have a check list about the matter.

Thanks in advance

Replies continue below

Recommended for you

Has the supplier of the machines any opinion?

Or, if the inspectors are not happy, exactly why? Only procedure or other tests?

Have they seen this done other ways elsewhere?

Sorry, only wondering! Good luck!

The supplier of the machines does not help me to make the measuremets by myself.

I have only checked outside of the machines, that all the cables connector, etc. are Ok. But the inspector wants me to measure the welding machine more exactly.
He wants to be sure, that the voltage and currency are the same as in new machine.

I am in Finland and the same test are made in every company (making pressure vessels). My problem is, that my company is small and we don´t have long experience in this kind of things.

Thanks a lot of your answer

Best Regards
Kari

OK. I see your problem.

a) The supplier or machine data will give the correct limits.

b) The inspector (when asked directly) must be able to tell you when and for how long you have to check.

c) How to check, readings? What possibillities directly in machine? Measuring through separate readings? For calibration of measurement systems and measurement: Maybe you can contact a service company, a branch ortganization for your type of equipment,the machine supplier, a producer using same type of equipment (but not competitor) or a technical qualifiying or test agency, or a technical university to get information???

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back