Eng-Tips is the largest engineering community on the Internet

Intelligent Work Forums for Engineering Professionals

• Congratulations waross on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Text disappearing in 2d

Status
Not open for further replies.

styleruk

Automotive
Nov 3, 2004
GB
Hi

I wondered if anyone can help. Just upgraded my workstation and I've noticed my text keeps disappearing every time I stop panning or zooming.
When I pan or zoom, all the dims and text can be seen very clearly, as soon as I stop they all disappear.

I'm using Catia V5r20
AMD FirePro W5100 (fireGL V)

I'm assuming it's a graphic card issue but can't find anyone else reporting this problem. I've updated to the latest driver but have had no luck.

Anyone help?

Replies continue below

Recommended for you

Thanks for the quick response.
I'm not sure exactly what files to delete there, can you help me? I've had a look in these forums but cannot find anything, guess the title is not as obvious as I need it to be.

I can't see anything that looks like my problem, maybe there is but I can't find it.
All these issues are around the tool boxes and specific user settings. That I understand, however, this is a graphic glitch of sorts.

I bow to your superior knowledge on this matter though and will try to find a way to delete CATSettings.

OK, I managed to delet catsettings and opened a drawing, again, I cannot read the annotation or dimensions unless I'm panning. I'm convinced this is a graphic driver issue.

Sounds like a graphics card problem to me.

But something else to try, as I suspect it might be the font: Try changing the font on some of the annotations, and see if that makes a difference. Check the properties and see if there's something there (Bold, Italic, etc) that might be causing the problem.

Also, try changing the STANDARD with File + Page Setup.

If you haven't already checked this, go to TOOLS + OPTIONS and GENERAL + DISPLAY and reset the PERFOMANCE options by using the bottom-left icon and choosing RESET THIS TABPAGE.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back