Eng-Tips is the largest engineering community on the Internet

Intelligent Work Forums for Engineering Professionals

Text doesnt get selected

Status
Not open for further replies.

xcllyf

Jul 1, 2013
I have a drawing to edit in CATIA drafting workbench. One of the text is not getting selected at all. I thought it might have been written in the "Sheet background" but its uneditable in the sheet background also. I am unable to delete that, anyone having idea of what this problem is?

Replies continue below

Recommended for you

The graphical property of "Pickable" may be deselected. Since you can not select the text in question using the mouse.

Ctrl+F to search
Workbench = Drafting
Type = Text
Search and select

Alt+Enter to get to the property page.
go to the graphic tab

make sure Pickable is bright orange.

Win XP64
21SP6/22SP4, 3DVIA Composer 2013X, ST R20
Dell T7400 16GB Ram
Quadro FX 4800 - 1.5GB

DBezaire ,
I tried doing that, inspite of that the problem persists. I have no clue what this is? Happening for the first time. In the search results it not showing. The graphic properties of the Pickable is fine. Any other solutions? It is actually a text with a leader in my drawing. I am unable to edit it as I told before.

ferdo,
I am not quite acquainted with macros. If you could just elaborate on your answer maybe Ill try it. Thanks.

@xcllyf
Thanks for the image. It looks like it's in a view, correct? When you mouse over the view frame does the text & leader highlight along with everything else in the view?

In your first post you said:
xcllyf said:
the text is not getting selected at all

but in your second post you said:
xcllyf said:
The graphic properties of the Pickable is fine

so you must have been able to select it in order to check it's properties, correct?

To clarify, is the problem 1) that you can't select the text or 2) that you can't edit the text?

Regards,
Drew Mumaw

drewmumaw,
When I double click on the view frame, it gets highlighted, but when i am trying to select the leader or the text separately it doesnt get selected...So this is the problem I am facing. And since this a company drawing I will be unable to upload it in the internet. So I think I really giving you guys a hard tym!!

here's the answer to ur que:
drewmumaw said:
To clarify, is the problem 1) that you can't select the text or 2) that you can't edit the text?

------- yes i cant select the text consequently unable to edit also

@xcllyf
I completely understand not being able to upload company drawings. However, if you are able to delete all other information except the text and then upload the .catdrawing that would be helpful. But if not, then I still understand.

My guess is that the graphic properties of the text with leader are set to not pickable. See this image for an example.

To be able to select it, right-click on the view in the tree and go to the view object and then select Force Pick Mode. See this image for an example.

Now you should be able to edit the text and leader.

Regards,
Drew Mumaw

Xcllyf,

If the text is not set to "pickable", you can select it by right-clicking on the View in the tree, slide down to the View Object, choose the Force Pick Mode option and then select the text to delete it (or change it's properties).

drewmumaw,
hi buddy, finally got thru...i used the force pick mode u suggested...it worked..thnx fr d idea...Cheers! Problem solved

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back