Eng-Tips is the largest engineering community on the Internet

Intelligent Work Forums for Engineering Professionals

• Congratulations waross on being selected by the Eng-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

text file in V4 drawing

Status
Not open for further replies.

matt22dsweet

Automotive
May 12, 2003
FR
Hi,
How can I include a text file which contains more than 80 characters per line?
Thank you for your help.

Replies continue below

Recommended for you

when you are inserting text, on the menu bar there is a number with carriage return arrow going thru it.

The number its set at, and if its highlighted (selected) represents how many blank lines you get every time you
enter text.

What you need to do is dehighlight (unselect) that selection box. Then you can add more text to the same line.
you will still be limited to the 80 characters before you have to hit enter, but then you can continue in the same line of text (subtext).
Then when you want to go to the next line reselect the menu pick with the number in it.

Hi matt22dsweet,
It has already been a thread in COE discussing this:

Just put the abstract in here:
"alias M1000 =
catia.REPORT = '/foldername' ;
CATIA.RECORD_LENGTH.M1000 = 132;
"
It's found that 132 is the maximum length possible for TEXTD2 FIL

cheers. Kennis Tang.

Hi Kennis,
I've set the CATIA.RECORD_LENGTH.M1000 to 132 but I don't know how to create a 132 characters txtn in TEXTD2 function. Is there something to change in the TEXTD2 standard?
My objective is to import a .report file on a drawing via an IUA macro.
Actually, each line of my file is truncated at the 80th character.
I'm thinking that if I understand how the TEXTD2 function works, the IUA will work too.

Matt

Hi rickyt,
Thank you for your response but I wouldn't like subtext

Hi Matt,
Well, the Record_Length declaration works for TEXTD2 FIL as well as batch utility, but not for interactive TEXTD2 which I believe still gets the Max Limit of 80 characters per line. (Remark:using /quitxt can have 1024 characters in one line)
So if I could suggest to check whether the declaration is properly declared or not by typing in the prompt :
catpath -l -A catia.record_length.*

Cheers. Kennis Tang.

Hi Kennis, Thank you very much. Finally I've chosen an other method to get my file. I've split it in several files of 80 characters and I've pasted them in catia with an IUA macro. Matt

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back