Eng-Tips is the largest engineering community on the Internet

Intelligent Work Forums for Engineering Professionals

• Congratulations waross on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

TF analysis in SIMetrix

Status
Not open for further replies.

BobM3

Mechanical
Mar 27, 2005
US
I can't get the TF (Transfer Function) analysis to operate properly. It seems to run - a screen pops up briefly (too brief to read) and there are no errors listed. The problem is there is no output graph when finished. AC analysis of the same circuit works fine (a graph appears). I've entered "Output node" and "Ref node" and selected a start and stop frequency. Any ideas? It's the free version of the software.

Replies continue below

Recommended for you

Well I have used SIMetrix for years and never even heard of that analysis method. The old version I use doesn’t support it through the graphical interface, although it is there if you use the text entry fields. However, I just downloaded the newer free version and had a go.

I got the message “Cannot plot results from Small signal transfer function analysis” when I tried probing the circuit, which is presumably what you got.

There is information on it in the user manual (page 221). Yes another 4MB download on dialup :-(

Basically you use the
Probe|Add curve menu

In the lower group box “available vectors” you will find a selection of stuff to plot like input impedance, output impedance, transfer function, etc.

If this does not answer your question then post some more info on the problem.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back