Intelligent Work Forums for Engineering Professionals

Thank God for Sparkies 1

Status
Not open for further replies.

dik

Structural
Apr 13, 2001
CA
From Oct to mid Dec, I had a couple of large complicated projects. I neglected my normal exercising.

Mid-Dec, my son, daughter and myself walked to Tim Hortons for some food. I was exhausted when I got there. It was about three blocks.

I had lunch with an electrical engineer the next day and commented on how quickly you can get out of shape.

I had had a heart attack and didn't know it. I scheduled a stent repair. The first stent went well but the second one caused a clot and my heart stopped for five minutes. After 25 'paddle shocks'. I'm still Vertical.

Thanks to the Sparkies.

My activity on the site will be greatly limited. It's been a fun 20+ years.

-----*****-----
So strange to see the singularity approaching while the entire planet is rapidly turning into a hellscape. -John Coates

-Dik

Replies continue below

Recommended for you

A legend of eng-tips. You have been sharing your knowledge on this website since I was in 6th grade! Get some [well deserved] rest dik! Best wishes and appreciate all of your contributions here.

Yup, 23.700 replies in 20 odd years - Way to go!

Remember - More details = better answers
Also: If you get a response it's polite to respond to it.

My loss of stamina prompted an ECG which showed some heart issues. 3 other tests confirmed perfusion imaging, echo cardiogram, and another. Repair could be by stent or open chest surgery. I chose the former. A simple one day job. They installed one stent; when they installed the second one, a major blood clot formed and total shutdown. Tomorrow will be my first month in hospital.

-----*****-----
So strange to see the singularity approaching while the entire planet is rapidly turning into a hellscape. -John Coates

-Dik

Dik, you are one of the great, generous contributors on here and I’ve learned a lot from the wealth of experience you’ve shared. More than I ever wanted to know about old brick, come to think of it :)

Hoping you are in good spirits and wishing you a swift recovery.

dik - I wish you a fast and full recovery! I’ve been reading your comments for years. You are one of those who make Eng-Tips so interesting and informative. Thank you!

Best wishes for a full recovery.

My parents both had heart problems and had stints & bypasses. They both said they felt better after the recovery period. I hope the same is true for you.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back