Eng-Tips is the largest engineering community on the Internet

Intelligent Work Forums for Engineering Professionals

• Congratulations waross on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

the magnetising current 9

Status
Not open for further replies.
Replies continue below

Recommended for you

I would like to mention that particular transformer posted by jghrist has a distintive feature that the 3rd harmonic is very close to zero.
This may be true. The reason that we did the analysis is that the second harmonic current was inadequate to restrain the GE Type BDD differential relay and it tripped on energization. We adjusted the relay to be more sensitive.

Guys

I'm running up a new dry cast transformer tomorrow. No load on it yet but it will feed some 11kV pumps in the coming weeks. I'm connecitng a Ranger 7000T power quality analyser to get a feel for it's effect on the system, including harmonics. I'll post the results tomorrow evening (GMT) just for interest.

Gunnar: "The first three answers to the OP were very much tongue-in-cheek".
I can't agree with your opinion. My very first answer was absolutely serious.
Question was "yes or no?" and my answer was "no". In addition I stated the similar question referring to the 3-rd harmonic and I answered "yes".
By and large Pete's data confirmed it.
Regards
CL

No problem.
I found that in my text above the last-but-one sentence should be correctly in such a way: "In addition I stated the similar question referring to the 2-nd harmonic and I answered "yes".
A mistake may be a fatigue symptom.

Regards
CL

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back