Eng-Tips is the largest engineering community on the Internet

Intelligent Work Forums for Engineering Professionals

• Congratulations waross on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

The Seam crack open partially!:modelling issue

Status
Not open for further replies.

ABD01

Structural
Dec 28, 2018
MD
Hi

As you can see in the attache that the seam crack opened partially. just the part near crack tip. This part is partitioned circle merged in an assembly of same material. You can see that the element separated at the line of partition. There is no error. warning some far element distorted. results do not make sense as it is not for the whole length crack, just represent that opened part. What am I missing here.I already run similar model 3days ago and worked. I built on the same model, also started from beginning, checked the assigned seam crack region correctly, but no success yet.

One thing is the partition around crack seems as an exterior edge as it highlighted as the exterior edge /yellow lines. check the node duplication but not exisit. I did merge the parts in teh assembly, but not sure what else to check.

Thank you

https://files.engineering.com/getfile.aspx?folder=dfb6b67e-3eaa-4d72-b1dd-5dedf23ff1f3&file=Crackseam.PNG
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back