Eng-Tips is the largest engineering community on the Internet

Intelligent Work Forums for Engineering Professionals

• Congratulations waross on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Theory behind the Flowing fluid inside the pipe

Status
Not open for further replies.

Jams_imported

Mechanical
Jul 26, 2017
AE
pls, apology me to ask this kind of basic questions.
iam confused my self again..

When the water flowing inside the pipe what will be the pressure exerted by the flowing fluid?
I have known values of Size of the pipe, volumetric flow rate and Velocity of the fluid.
by using these values can I find the Pressure of the fluid, without consideration of the pump pressure?

Replies continue below

Recommended for you

If i am understanding you correctly then what you are asking basically comes out as the pressure associated with overcoming the friction of the fluid flowing in the pipe at that flow rate.

If this is what you are looking for, Google Darcy Weisbach , and Colebrook White formula.

Regards
Ashtree
"Any water can be made potable if you filter it through enough money"

Thanks Mr.Ashtree,

But I am not asking pressure loss due to friction inside the pipe. This I can find using the Pipe sizer and some other formule.
what I want is the pressure developed due to the motion of the fluid (Velocity).
that is I found now that is Velocity head = V2/2g.

is this correct?

The velocity head is only part of the total energy at the specific location. The line pressure at the location is based on the balance of the fluid pressure with the static head, velocity head, and friction loss.

If the flowing fluid is incompressible, with p (rho) as density, a Pitot tube would measure total local pressure or stagnation pressure p[sub]stag[/sub]=p+1/2pv[sup]2[/sup], while a static gage would measure p. The difference of the readings is the velocity head. The units in this equation can be Pa or N/m[sup]2[/sup].

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back