Eng-Tips is the largest engineering community on the Internet

Intelligent Work Forums for Engineering Professionals

• Congratulations waross on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

THERMA-FUSER

Status
Not open for further replies.

OpieOSU

Military
Dec 26, 2001
US
I am new to HVAC design, therefore the question. We are doing a remodeling job of a library and are adding offices to the existing space. In each of the offices there is a leg off of a one zone of multizone AHU that was suppling the shelf area. I was wondering if this type of product installed in each office would give the office occupant some level of comfort control. The diffuser would tap off of the existing leg. Are there any issues that I need to be aware of that I could be over looking. The system looks like a thermostatically controlled diffuser that will shut off air when it is not needed.
Thank you

Replies continue below

Recommended for you

we have used thermafusers successfully for many
years in cooling-only applications. the adjustments
i am aware of require the user to climb up to the
diffuser and use a screwdriver to manually increase
or decrease the setpoint. definitely would recommend
them for normal office use if there is budget---they
are rather pricey.

rgds
leelock

sorry i was not clear, we do not do heating
in the industries we work in, internal heat
is always dominant. i have no experience of
thermafuser performance in heating.

rgds
leelock

One thing to consider is the supply air temperature delivered to the duct system. If the temperature setpoint is governed by a room (in this case the shelf area)which does not need air as cold or hot as the room(s) with the thermafuser you may experience some problems.

an occupied office with computer equipment may need cooling if entirely interior while the shelf area which may be unoccupied and having a large exterior wall/roof area may need heating. Then there will be a problem cooling when the shelf area thermostat is calling for heating or minimal cooling.

Make sure the airflow/cooling/heating requirements for each room can be met by the system at whatever combination of room and supply air temperatures exist.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back