Intelligent Work Forums for Engineering Professionals

thermal analysis of structures

Status
Not open for further replies.

hakimi

Industrial
Jun 15, 2009
MY
I am civil eng. I would like to know about thermal analysis of structures, suitable codes, standards and so on.

my email: hakooo@yahoo.com

thank you

Replies continue below

Recommended for you

In Spain the relevant code for buildings is NBE AE-88.
Dor bridges the vigent code IAP gives the same.
Individual material oriented codes give other data such normative coefficients of eleongation with temperature.

Typically, under some sizes, thermal actions are much times dismissed, this being compliant to the code. Larger structures such bridges, integral or not and out of the relevance to their deformations specially to the bearing meed further consideration, going to gradients of temperature in more than homogeneous temperature change.

The more complex cases I assume need be analyzed in a 3D heat transfer-stresses setup, but building designers rarely meet it, and if somtime, a consultancy (such a very thick mat placement) may be warranted.

Hakimi,

If by 'thermal analysis' you are referring to calculating heat loss/heat gain of buildings, such as for determination of heating or cooling requirements, the folks in the Mechanical Engineering forum could give you a wealth of information. If you want to know temperature distributions within structures under different conditions, you'll probably need some 3D model-maybe visit the Heat Transfer forum.
Good luck,
Carl

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back