Intelligent Work Forums for Engineering Professionals

Thermo/fluid Design

Status
Not open for further replies.

Speedcore

Mechanical
Oct 5, 2002
US
I was curious if anyone could direct me to a program that would aid in the design of a simple pipeing system with a few elbows and valves hooked up to a pump and a single heat exchanger. Is there anything out there that one can fill in parameters and have it compute a optimum value for some parameters? Possibly a good book dealing in this sort of design? Any help would be appriciated. My email is fuledbyadrenalin@hotmail.com Thank you for any help you can offer me.

Replies continue below

Recommended for you

speed....

The only program I know of that will optimize piping/equipment size based on newtwork flow goals is the "MERCURY" program offered by AFT...

try
This product was set up for sale to large corporations.....not one-time users....

For the "newbie" interested in the design of fluid systems, try some of the free software packages available at "freecalc.com"..... you may have to run some of them several times to get a result that is acceptable.......but the price is right...

Let us know more about your problem and what method you select....

MJC

Thanks for your reply! I am going to check out that site you suggested to me. Basicly I have a simple pipeing system with 12 elbows, one globe valve, and a heat exchanger. It was specified to use schedual 40 pipe for the application. I calculated the optimal velocities and used my flowrate to get the most economic pipe sizes. Now I have to go through them and find a pump to meet my requirements and reduce my operating costs. There is a lot more too it, but sort of a lot to type. I have to find out how to add in my H.E. to my minor losses as well. I'll get back here to let you know how it turns out or to ask a few more questions. Again, thanks for the tips.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back