Eng-Tips is the largest engineering community on the Internet

Intelligent Work Forums for Engineering Professionals

• Congratulations waross on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Thermowell with NACE MR0103 Compliant

Status
Not open for further replies.

Peyi

Industrial
Aug 31, 2009
AR
I have manufacture an thermowell under Nace mr103 but I dont understand this standard.
The thermowell will be in AISI 316 but I don´t Know which care I have for this.
anyone AISI316 or 316L is compliant????

Thanks in advance

MR0103 addresses austenitic stainless steels with carbon content up to 0.1 mass%. Therefore, both 316L and 316 are addressed under the requirements of 2.5.1

Steve Jones
Materials & Corrosion Engineer

Dear Jones, that is that just by is made in AISI 316 or AISI 316 L there are no problems? And if there are welds, is due to have some precaution in the contribution material if it is also in AISI 316 or 316 L?

Thanks again

Replies continue below

Recommended for you

Dear Jones, that is that just by is made in AISI 316 or AISI 316 L there are no problems? And if there are welds, is due to have some precaution in the contribution material if it is also in AISI 316 or 316 L?

That means AISI 316 or 316L spec itself can meet the NACE MR 0103. Seeing chemical composition, the spec is more severe than MR 0103. Hardness control also is carried out normally, I don't think there are serious problems.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back