Eng-Tips is the largest engineering community on the Internet

Intelligent Work Forums for Engineering Professionals

• Congratulations waross on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Third party software 1

Status
Not open for further replies.

aslali

Mechanical
May 30, 2003
US
Can you recommend 3rd party mechanical software to do everyday task such as drawing bolts, nuts etc.in AutoCAD LT 2000i? I am looking for a software under $100. This will save me lot of time by not redrawing each hardware.

Replies continue below

Recommended for you

I have seen one of these when I was looking for my dad....I'll get back to you. I have never used it, but it looks OK, you dont get much in the way of add on programs for LT because of its reduced/locked out arx functionality etc.

Sirius.

under a hundred dollars is pretty hard to fulfil though.....why not make a block reference of a bolt at 1 unit, then insert it at a scale factor. Or draw up your most used screws in one file and copy and paste?.

LtEngineer

This is the one that looked most attractive to me.
It far outstrips your budget though fella. I dunno what 195 Uk pounds is in dollars (roughly 400-500 dollars?). You get a lot of parts for your money though I reckon.

As I said, I havent used it, but theres not much out there for LT. Perhaps theres some more basic shareware out there like at Cadalog.com or somewhere?.

Good luck.

Sirius.

You can register for free with Thomas Register ( a major commercial/industrial manufacturer, product, and services search engine. They happen to have 3 free CAD CD-ROMs called PartSpec (for mechanical designers & engineers), PlantSpec (for plant & facilities designers/managers), and CADBlocks (for architect, enginers, & CAD managers). You can only order one at a time. I ordered individually during different search sessions. I think you'll find these very useful. clm.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back