Intelligent Work Forums for Engineering Professionals

This is a response I sent to 3D S

Status
Not open for further replies.

Maverick1667

Mechanical
Apr 20, 2004
US

This is a response I sent to 3D Systems when they wanted me to renew my Maintenance Agreement on Geomagic Design. I have not heard back and I doubt that I will.
They, like every other CAD Program have become OBSESSED with becoming rich off of OUR (users) back.
~~~<()>~~~

There have been NO updates since I bought my last maintenance agreement.
This year is just about over. I would have paid all that money and would have had NOTHING for my money. That is not how I like to invest my money.

Now you’re asking me the pay for this year which has had NO UPDATES and next year, 2017. I have seen NO updates nor have I heard of any updates for 2016 or 2017. Sorry but your software is no longer a good investment.

Your maintenance cost is way out of line for the product we now receive, which is NOTHING. I’ve also heard about tech support, which my take on that is if you need tech support the program is too hard to use (not user friendly) or to many steps are needed to accomplish a task.

These are my concerns that I find VERY VALID in NOT BUYING into a maintenance agreement for 2016 (with a month left) that has NO UPDATES and NO foreseeable UPDATES in 2017.

If you feel like contacting me about these concerns, please do. I’d be happy to discuss this with you.
thread859-388156

Replies continue below

Recommended for you

I just renewed my Maintenance on Geomagic Design, it was $388 for the year. Have you looked at the renewal rates for Solidworks Or autoCad ?
B.E.

You are judged not by what you know, but by what you can do.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back