Intelligent Work Forums for Engineering Professionals

This is sad - nine postings since 09/21/99 1

Status
Not open for further replies.

engcomp

Structural
Dec 27, 1999
AU
This is the tenth posting since 09/21/99!

And this is for a program that claims to have 600,000 users.

It discourages me from pressing on with my site:

There I present a concept of using BASIC directly in any word processor. The engine has been designed. I have used it almost daily before I retired. Numerous cue cards exist. The idea is that engineers would share their solutions. There is hardly a task that hasn't been solved by someone.

Does anybody care?

Replies continue below

Recommended for you

What does this have to do with Mathcad? I checked out your post - I was unable to download anything, and I do not understand what the connection is to Mathcad.

Mathcad started out as an electronic replacement of the pen & paper scratchpad used with a calculator. MATHSERV is a similar concept, enabling any word processor to interpret a superset of BASIC language commands. Being similar concepts is the connection of the post.

The site explains MATHSERV's concept more fully.

The downloading is not yet facilitated because there are a number of issues to be resolved first. But if you like, I shall notify you when it's ready. Let me know here or email me at engcom@pbq.com.au

Thank you for your post, Helmut

The reason for the lack of postings is probably that Mathcad is a simple program to use and is friendly with lots of help. It also has its own user group at Mathsoft website.
I have never had a problem that the Help section did not explain.

Edson Campos
edsoncampos@earthlink.net

I agree with ecampos. There is more than one way to explain the lull experienced here. Moreover, there are other forums, GT-Strudl and STAAD, for example that don't receive that much traffic either. Repoprtedly, STAAD is the number one general analysis program. Finally, please note that there is much activity at the MathCad site wherein many examples of the program are available.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back