Eng-Tips is the largest engineering community on the Internet

Intelligent Work Forums for Engineering Professionals

This run of I-DEAS has ABNORMALLY ended. (Segmentation Violation)

Status
Not open for further replies.

mbroc22

Automotive
Mar 8, 2010
CA
We have not used I-DEAS for some time now. I need to access some legacy data and cannot start ideas on the old computer.

I receive this error in the command window
"This run of I-DEAS has ABNORMALLY ended. (Segmentation Violation)" as well a Program Error window that states "ideast.exe has generated errors and will be closed by Windoze. You will need to restart the program. Nothing on the computer has changed. Its still a windows2000 os. Any help would be appreciated.

Mark

Replies continue below

Recommended for you

Has your I-Deas TDM drive mapping changed at all? Usually IT people like to change the mapping of drives every once in awhile and maybe you need to map to the correct drive?

When you are starting I-deas you could be attempting to access a corrupt model file. It's probably worth renaming your user param file ...\team\master\login name_param.
(You can find the location of your team directory by opening an I-deas command prompt and typing dmadmin followed by stat_idm).
A new param file will be created the next time you login and will give you a blank entry in the model file view startup. If this fails have a look for any error.out files in your I-deas startup directory which may give some clues.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back