Eng-Tips is the largest engineering community on the Internet

Intelligent Work Forums for Engineering Professionals

• Congratulations waross on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

This should be an easy one...

Status
Not open for further replies.

revman

Mechanical
Sep 11, 2002
US
I am relatively new to SW99, and for the life of me, I can't find a way to turn off the visible dimensions for a part (or a series of parts in an assembly). I can easily find the switch to turn on and off construction plane, axes, etc...but dimensions? A quick tip here would keep me from going nuts! Thx.

Replies continue below

Recommended for you

In the FM (Feature Manager) RMB (Right Mouse Button) the Annotations folder and uncheck Display dimensions.

To turn it off permenantly you have to set that up in your Tools\Options. I don't remember excatly where it is in SW99, but it will be located under Annotations...probably under Document properties.

Regards,

Scott Baugh, CSWP [frog][elephant2]
3DVision Technologies
faq731-376
When in doubt, always check the help

Thanks Scott...While I still can't find anything in Options to turn off the dimensions as a system default, There is an option within the assembly annotation to "Use Assembly Settings for All Components" and that works nicely.

Sean

1)In Options menu go to Document Options Tab.

2)Under Detailing go to Annotations Display.

3)Un-check Display all types.

4)Un-check Feature Dimensions but leave everything else that you want displayed checked.

5)Check Display Annotations, near bottom of dialog box.

Another option would be to select "view" then unselect "all annotations" or select "hide all types".

Let us know if you get the desired results.

Cheers,

Jay

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back