thread292-465770 For 91 material

Status
Not open for further replies.

WE.MetE

Materials
Jun 12, 2017
US
thread292-465770

For 91 material (all product forms), In the 2019 Edition Type 1 and Type 2 has been added to Section II, Part A, but Types 1 and Type 2 has NOT been added to Section II, Part D. What happens when the Code has caused a conflict like this? Design is stating SA-335-P1 with no Type, which is appropriate for what is listed in Part D, however QA is expecting to see Type 1 or Type 2 on the CMTR's which are reviewed to Part A.

Replies continue below

Recommended for you

This issue has been addressed and corrected in the 2021 edt. if I’m not mistaken (there was a webinar this week by IHS with highlights per section, this was mentioned too).

That may not help you as you’re on a different edition. Have you checked if this has been addressed in a Code Case for the current edition?

/edt; just noticed my proposal has been discussed in length in the thread you hyperlinked.

Huub
- You never get what you expect, you only get what you inspect.

WE.MetE,

The design people and the QA people you refer to, have they been familiarized with the code case?

The devil is in the details; she also wears prada.

They are familiar with CC 2864-2, but there is still a conflict with the 2 code sections. I also had heard that there will be a change to Section II, Part D in the 2021 Edition.

So first and foremost, let me apologize that I don't at the moment have access to 2864-2, I am not sure what is different between -2 and -1.

To your original question:

What happens when the Code has caused a conflict like this?

The answer is in the reply section of the code case 2864-1, items (g), (h), and (i).

Again, Table 1 of the code case is specifically for Type 2. So your QC personnel verifies the MTRs for Type 2 to this Table. Your Design personnel uses Table 3 for the new stress values for Type 2 that are missing in Part D.

If Type 1 is used, the code case is telling you that the chemistries shall conform to Part A, while the stress values shall conform to Part D.

The devil is in the details; she also wears prada.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back