thread577-426585 Does anyone man

Status
Not open for further replies.

cale77

Mechanical
Mar 25, 2015
RS
thread577-426585

Does anyone managed to install and successfully run I-Deas on Win10 64bit, and which version is it?

Replies continue below

Recommended for you

You mean Orbix 6.3.3 ? No we tested with 6.3.2 that comes with I-Deas 6.3, we don't use I-Deas 6.4/6.5

TDI wizard doesn't understand Win10 networking, it won't browse for the Team directory network share. Easily worked around by configuring I-Deas startup manually using the oldskool IDEASOGL.cmd & setup_varbs.cmd

NX I-deas is officially certified and supported on Windows 10 starting last year with the release of NX I-deas 6.6. In fact, that was the main reason for that Release.

See SFB-IDEAS-11239 for more details.

During testing, we found some issues where some commands, scriptings, and such required elevated permission (i.e. Run as Admin) due to extra Win 10 security, but was not clear if that was due to settings from Siemens IT on the test machines or if customers will also encounter that. There are notes to this effect in the README, noting all caveats we found on Win 10.

My personal observation is it appears needed for operations that turn around and interact with other system files (e.g. TDI, some OI scripts, dmadmin,...), to make sure they are not security violations.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back