Eng-Tips is the largest engineering community on the Internet

Intelligent Work Forums for Engineering Professionals

• Congratulations waross on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

THREADED HOLE NOT DISPLAYED CORRECTLY

Status
Not open for further replies.

pencilgeek

Industrial
Nov 11, 2010
US
We are on 7.5.5.4 but I don't remember if we had this problem on the previous release or not. When we create a detailed view that includes threaded holes the hidden lines do not appear. We only see the tap drill. The threaded holes are displayed correctly in the parent view. The only way we can get them to show up is to change the detail view to "Independent View". Is there a setting we can change or is this a problem with 7.5?

Replies continue below

Recommended for you

I had no problem creating a 'Associative' Detailed View which properly shows a Thread-Hole, as shown here:

Thread-Hole_Detail_View_NX75.jpg

John R. Baker, P.E.
Product 'Evangelist'
Product Engineering Software
Siemens PLM Software Inc.
Industry Sector
Cypress, CA
UG/NX Museum:
To an Engineer, the glass is twice as big as it needs to be.

Sorry, I should have been more specific, it's the plan view that we have trouble with. Never had a problem with sections, like the other thread I found on the topic.

I know this shouldn't make a difference, but when I put one hole in a simple block, it works fine. But when I put a couple hundred holes in a plate, I have to change to an independant view. This has happened to 3 different users on 3 different boxes, that's why I am scratching my head.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back