Eng-Tips is the largest engineering community on the Internet

Intelligent Work Forums for Engineering Professionals

• Congratulations waross on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Through Curves Section Help

Status
Not open for further replies.

JSDesign8593

Automotive
Nov 19, 2020
US
Hello All,

I am trying to model a fan blade. I want to make this model a "start" model for all future fan blades. Right now in order to control the shape of the blade I have a series of sections starting with A-A all the way to N-N. Then I use a through curves command on the sections to make a solid of my blade shape. With each new blade shape the amount of sections varies depending on the length of the blade.

My issue is I am trying to figure out a way to suppress the unneeded sections but I can not do that without first removing them from the section list in the through curves command. Does anyone know if the sections can be suppressed without taking them out of the through curves command? If it cant would anyone have a suggestion on how I can change my modeling to allow me to turn sections on and off with expressions as the blade length grows and shrinks.

Thank you,
JSDesign
NX 1934

Replies continue below

Recommended for you

I'm not aware of any scheme to do that. As far as I know, the Through Curves function requires you to specifically identify the Section curves for each model. Deleting a section will cause the model to fail to update.

John R. Baker, P.E. (ret)
EX-Product 'Evangelist'
Irvine, CA
Siemens PLM:
UG/NX Museum:

The secret of life is not finding someone to live with
It's finding someone you can't live without

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back