Intelligent Work Forums for Engineering Professionals

ties

Status
Not open for further replies.

newbuilder

Structural
Jul 1, 1999
KW
What is the correct technical term for the type of tie used in water tanks that does not leave a through hole in the structure.

NB

Replies continue below

Recommended for you

I guess I am not sure I understand the intent of the question, so I'll answer it two ways.

A) If you are looking for this term for use in a job specification, for example, I can say that as an engineer in the formwork industry, I have never heard a term used to describe a tie system which does not leave a through hole. Most specifications I have seen just make reference the depth of embedment of the tie, the required use of a waterstop (if required), etc.

B) If you are looking at which styles of tie systems which do not leave a through hole, I do know of several. She-bolts, setting cones, coil ties, and snap ties can all be used without leaving a through hole. I would try to describe their use, but instead I would recommend looking at manufacturer's website, for example, daytonrichmond.com, which has application information and details.

I hope this helps.

I can say as an engineer in formwork gesign, There are different systems for water tight anchoring for water tanks by different companies like Doka, Peri etc. such as steel water stops, fibre concrete tube plus plug system etc.

Please try to visit the manufautures website.

Thanks

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back