Eng-Tips is the largest engineering community on the Internet

Intelligent Work Forums for Engineering Professionals

• Congratulations waross on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

tiff resolution in catia v5 drafting

Status
Not open for further replies.

ajangiz

Automotive
May 21, 2003
ES
hello to everyone,

i'm trying to make a tiff in a drawing (catia v5), but its resolution is very poor.

does anybody kwow if there is a way to configure it? (same problem with jpg)

i've seen some tiff-s from v4 and they look much better

thanks in advance

Replies continue below

Recommended for you

hello,
This is for V5, Tools/Image/Capture Options (third from left)Tab Pixel, rendering quality should be the answer.
There is also option when saving the picture to select jpg quality.

Regards TPale

In v4 we plot to a tif file when we do the drawings.

Sounds like you are doing a screen dump.

I think you need to find a plotter driver that will plot to a tif file. That way you will get a full size drawing tif file!

Another option that works well for us is to save as or print to a postscript file then use Ghostscript to create the tiff. If you are on AIX this easy to do and then you can have any quality that you want.

Jack C.

Hi Jack,

Can you elaborate on what you said? I am on AIX. When I plot a Catia file, I am getting a >hpgl file. Now, can I get a .tiff file by following your method?
And, what is Ghostscript?

Inforama

Hi,

Why don't you try to save as pdf? You really need as tiff file?

Ghostscript is a software available also for UNIX (as I remember) which can open and print postscript files (but the same thing is doing also Adobe Acrobat Reader).

In v4 is also an option to print to a pdf file. Probably the same thing is also available in v5 if you have installed this option under UNIX.

Regards
Fernando

In V5 you can add a TIFF printer.
See online docs under CATIA Infrastructure User Guide - Adding a Printer and Configuration Scenarios.
Adjusting your Compression and DPI should get you something usable.

Because our system is linked to SAP we often have to make tif images by using 'save as' from catia for release plot purposes. They are excellent when viewed using ACDsee but not so good when using the Microsoft imaging system

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back