Eng-Tips is the largest engineering community on the Internet

Intelligent Work Forums for Engineering Professionals

• Congratulations waross on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Tilt-up panel deflection and Enercalc

Status
Not open for further replies.

braves25

Structural
Jan 2, 2004
US
Hello all,
I'm designing a 20' tall tilt-up wall (joist bearing at 20') and am using Enercalc's concrete slender wall to run the calculations.

Info: wind load = 20 psf. Joist at 6'-0" O.C. Loads from joist: DL = 1.5k Snow = 2.3k

There is an option for "Analysis Settings" for the Ieff used for deflection. Based on Mu @ element and Icracked full height. I'm also using a design "strip width" of 72" since my joists are spaced at 6' on centers. I believe this is in reference to the (a) and (b) options provided in ACI 318-14 Section 11.8.3.1.

Have any of y'all used this program to design your tilt-up walls? If so, which option is best in my situation? Seems that adjusting the strip width also changes the calcs a bit since the wall element is changing in width.

Please advise.

Thank you and have a great day.

Replies continue below

Recommended for you

Hey Braves25

I've used this module quite a bit. We used the Ieff based on Mu @ Element. Adjusting the strip width aught to change the calculation because your changing the section being analyzed! Typically we do a 12" wide strip and resolve all the axial forces into PLF. Also include eccentricity of loads from the roof.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back