Eng-Tips is the largest engineering community on the Internet

Intelligent Work Forums for Engineering Professionals

• Congratulations waross on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Tilt-up Wall Design

Status
Not open for further replies.

rahuldby

Structural
Mar 21, 2004
IN
I am kind of looking for possible ways for designing tilt-up walls. I appreaciate if you all can share your experiences in this area and like what software packages, design handbooks or references you use. Thanks in advance.

Replies continue below

Recommended for you

I use the ACI 318-02 and the corresponding PCA notes. The tilt-up design manual by the TCA is a good reference but it is pretty expensive and is not very technical imo.

The Portland Cement Association has (or had) a design publication called, "Tilt-up Load-Bearing Walls." It's dated 1979 and I'm not sure if it's still available. You might want to check with them.

-Jack

Engineers Northwest in Seattle, WA does most of the Costco buildings in the United States, and they have developed their own software for concrete tilt-up panels. The software includes slender wall analysis, wall anchorage, seismic forces, wind forces, large openings, etc, etc.

If you inquire at their office, they may sell your office a copy of their program. Engineers Northwest: 206.525.7560

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back