Eng-Tips is the largest engineering community on the Internet

Intelligent Work Forums for Engineering Professionals

• Congratulations waross on being selected by the Eng-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Time-history variable viewer

Status
Not open for further replies.

Luca97

Structural
Jul 22, 2008
IT
Do you know if it is possible to use calculated variable with the variable viewer? I need to visualize the stresses in variable viewer in a node, but in my kind of structure I've only the ETABLE data, so that they're not directly accessible from the Viewer... Do you know a shortcut?

Replies continue below

Recommended for you

p.s. The problem is that I've several Load Cases and several Load Step, so I need to manage a lot of data, and I think that the /post26 it's the only way to do that...

I want to create variables to check the axial load in one elements, but I cannot load these results with ESOL, because they are in a ETABLE...

There is a way to create an array vector containing the ETABLE solution for each Loadstep, so I can access this array from /post26 and I can Output a *.txt file containing my results for each Load Case and for each Loadstep?

I'm able to do that when I use a DOF, because I can access the DOF solutions from the /post26 with the command "NSOL", but there isn't an equivalent command in /post26 to access ETABLE solutions data...

Deo gratias!

It is possible to do that using the ESOL command in /post26, it's very weird, because in the manual there aren't the item and component that I need to extrapolate the variable, I've used this string and it works:

/Post26
ESOL,nvar,nelem,nnode,SMISC,seqnum,name

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back