Eng-Tips is the largest engineering community on the Internet

Intelligent Work Forums for Engineering Professionals

• Congratulations waross on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Time period problem in hot torsion simulation

Status
Not open for further replies.

Marioddn

Mechanical
Dec 7, 2015
DE
Hi to everyone,

I'm trying to simulate the torsion (360 degree) on a specimen. I have the flow curve at hot temperature (900° constant) at strain rate=0.1. So I edit the material section of the model and I set the elastic behavior (Young modulus and Poisson ratio) and plastic behavior (yield stress and plastic strain). In the plastic section I put the data with the toggle on strain rate dependent and I set 0.1. My question is: the time period is equal to time necessary to perform one rotation in the experiment?

Replies continue below

Recommended for you

Assuming that you are running Implicit..I would initially run the simulation for a total time step of 1 second with a initial time increment of 1E-3 and a minimum time increment of 1E-6. Depending on the deformations, the time step would adjust itself through the simulation. The simulation would give you problems if the time increment hits the minimum, at which time you can change the time increment settings. If the job runs fine, and is not taking a lot of time, I'd increase the total time step to attain the desired amount of twist.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back