Eng-Tips is the largest engineering community on the Internet

Intelligent Work Forums for Engineering Professionals

• Congratulations waross on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Time vs acceleration input 3

Status
Not open for further replies.

sachin46

Marine/Ocean
Jun 12, 2013
IN
Dear all,
I am using ANSYS 15.0 mechanical. I have a query that is it possible in ANSYS to input “time Vs acceleration” history as an input?
I know that pressure, displacement time history can be given as input using “Existing table” option in ANSYS , similarly can I use ACEL command ? .ANSYS help mentions that The ACEL command supports tabular boundary conditions but there is no option available like “existing table” .How I can do that?
I would appreciate, if anybody helps me in this.
Thank you very much in advance.

Regards,
sachin46

Replies continue below

Recommended for you

There are many posts in this forum about this already - do a search. But in summary, in version 15 you are able to input an acceleration time history using the "D" command (see the manual and the "ACCX", "ACCY", "ACCZ" labels). You will need to read each time history into ANSYS as either a TABLE or an ARRAY. My preferred method is using a TABLE (see the *DIM and the *TREAD commands). Be sure to have two columns of data to read in for each component (time and ACCX) and size (*DIM) the TABLE as 1 column and n rows where n is the length of your time history trace). This will place the time column in the zeroth (0th) column. When you've read the data in, you can refer to the TABLE name by enclosing the TABLE name in "%" signs in the D command i.e. let's assume your TABLE is named "THISTORYx" (the x-component of the history) and you want to apply this to node 100, then:

Code:
D,100,ACCX,%THISTORYx%

Good luck.

------------
See faq569-1083 for details on how to make best use of Eng-Tips.com

I do not get access to the program right now, think you can try the following commands.

*DIM,XACEL,TABLE,140,2 !Define a table "XACEL" and assume there are 140 acceleration data pair

*VREAD,XACEL,RILE_NAME,TXT,,,140,2 !Read the acceleration date from "FILE_NAME.txt" to the table

ACEL,%XACEL_X% !Apply the acceleration

Dear Drej & jiang46602

Thank you very much for your valuable reply. As Mr.Drej suggested to use "D" command I read manual which has mentioned that tabular boundary condition can be used to input Acceleration vs time history. But in case of GUI there is no option of ACCX in Lab 2 which means to input this history I have to use command prompt?

As Jiang suggested ACEL command ,will effect of both commands will be same? because through ACEL command it is mentioned in manual that we can use it for tabular boundary condition.waiting for reply.
Once again thank you very much for your help

regards,
SACHIN

ACEL is a body load (typically used to apply gravity) and not something usually associated with a time history record (if that is what you have). Create an input deck and read all of the commands in using File > read input from... in the GUI.

------------
See faq569-1083 for details on how to make best use of Eng-Tips.com

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back