Eng-Tips is the largest engineering community on the Internet

Intelligent Work Forums for Engineering Professionals

• Congratulations waross on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

TIMING GRID

Status
Not open for further replies.

swforge

Mechanical
Jun 1, 2006
US
Hi All,
I would like to create a timing chart using a display grid with the ability to snap to the intersections. It will be used as a timing display for cam paths. The sketch grid in SW would be ideal as it is customizable, but I need to convert it to a template keeping the snap feature.
Adding notes for descriptions is required also. We currently use Excel but without the snaps its cumbersome to use. The spreadsheet is imported into the cam drawing for reference.
Anybody have any experience with timing charts or template creation?
Thanks

Replies continue below

Recommended for you

I think I must be missing something;

You have an open part and activated the grid and snapping, and you want to create a template (.prtdot).

Can you not just "Save as" a template?

I want to create a grid, on which I can add cam motions for reference. The viewable grid needs to have the snap feature, to make it easier to insert the motions. The finished timing diagram will be inserted into the manufacturing drawing for the cam. I dont need a part, just a template grid similar to the sketch grid. Excel option does not have snap options so placing lines at the appropriate timing is not easy to work with.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back