Eng-Tips is the largest engineering community on the Internet

Intelligent Work Forums for Engineering Professionals

• Congratulations waross on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Tire Performance Curves 1

Status
Not open for further replies.

Joest

Mechanical
Jan 16, 2003
US
Does anyone have access to tire performance curves from any of the major manufactures? I am looking for curve for BFGoodrich g-Force T/A KD tires in the 255/40/17, 275/40/17, and 315/40/17 sizes. Even if you have info on other manufacture' tires in these sizes please post them. Thanks in advance.

Replies continue below

Recommended for you

Actually what I need is Traction (laterial load) vs. Weight (vertical load). The information will be used to compute traction available after weight transfer during cornering. I'm not that concerned with slip angle for this analysis. Thanks.

I was interested in this information too. I have been debating with others on a number of occasions that tyres generally give the best grip at close to zero camber angle, and had seen data to back this up but have been unable to find it again.

I don't have those specific tyres but I can provide some general information, if that helps. Similarly for camber angles. Just give me a couple more days to dig it out.....

Thanks for getting it together, information on similar tires would be great. I think many people are interested in knowing this information.

Hey guys,
Refer to the book the friction of the pneumatic tire bu moore.The various graphs between traction and other tire parameters are given

Jeyakumar
R & D
Ceat Ltd

BFTCC,

Where you ever successful at finding information on a similar set of tires. What I am really looking for is information on tires of this profile and approximate size - 275/40/17. (laterial load) vs. weight (vertical load) at given slip angles is what I am specifically looking for.

Thanks.

Hello everybody

I am also looking for tyres performance curves, Lateral versus slip angle. (any tyres size) What would interest me are curves with very big slip angles (over 10 degrees).

Can somebody help me ?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back