Eng-Tips is the largest engineering community on the Internet

Intelligent Work Forums for Engineering Professionals

• Congratulations waross on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Title Blocks for AUTOCAD

Status
Not open for further replies.

SpecialtyEng

Industrial
Jul 17, 2003
US
Hi i just installed my AutoCad and I am still trying to figure out how to create a title block. Can anyone help?

Replies continue below

Recommended for you

Title blocks are used in drawing formats are based on drawing size - inch A-E and metric A4-A0. Your office should have drawing format in use. Title blocks vary greatly and is located in the lower right-hand corner. The arrangement and size of the title block are optional, but the following should be included:
1. Drawing number
2. Name of firm or organization
3. Title or description
4. Scale
Provision may also be made within the title block for the date of issue, signatures, approvals, sheet number, drawing size; job, order, or contract number, references to this or other documents; and standard notes, such as tolerances or finishes. Examples of title blocks can be found in any engineering drawing textbook. I think you are going to have to create your own drawing format. I hope this helps. John

iamgautam - that is correct. You would normally bring your title bock into the drawing by the insert option. I also want Specialeng to know that there are some generatic title blocks that is acessed thru the Startup dialog box using the template option. It is the first dialog box when you open Autocad. I have forgotten these files because they are not used in normal operations. I hope this helps. John

Make your title block drawing, including any attributes. I make mine in paper space. The do a File / SaveAs and change the type to AUtocad Template. Net time, use File / New and pick that one to start your next drawing.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back