Eng-Tips is the largest engineering community on the Internet

Intelligent Work Forums for Engineering Professionals

• Congratulations waross on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

TITLE IN BILL OF MATERIALS 1

Status
Not open for further replies.

packmen

Mechanical
Aug 31, 2001
BR
HOW CAN I PUT THE TITLE LINE IN THE BOTTOM OF THE BILL OF MATERIALS IN A DRAWING?

Replies continue below

Recommended for you

This one is dead easy.

create BOM in usual manner.
when you get to the BOM property box click on the CONTENTS Tab
at the bottom you will see an option that is "display labels at top, switching it off will solve the problem.

ps you can also get to this option by Right hand mouse clicking on the offending BOM and going to properties.

demojock

thank you very much
This is my first desing in SW :eek:)
and i'm configuring SW to safe time.

I'm trying to not have to ajust the column width wich time i insert a bill of materials.
Do you know what can i do???

You have to modify the existing BOM templates, these can be found in your "C:\Program Files\SolidWorks\lang\english" folder. modify them in excel and then save over existing files.

if you are trying to save time, are you using templates? I save lots of time by having ready made parts, drawings and assemblys that can be easily changed. check out the Solidworks help menu for this one.

You could write a quick VB macro that will open the BOM and format the columns to fit the width of the data. If you are interested in this method, I can whip up some sample code for you. DimensionalSolutions@Core.com
While I welcome e-mail messages, please post all thread activity in these forums for the benefit of all members.

It is not even that tough:
Open up your BOM in Excel and create a macro which sets the column widths you want. Assign it to a key combination within Excel. Save the BOM spreadsheet. Once the BOM is placed in a SW dwg click on it to open it up, then run the Excel macro.

Crashj

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back