Eng-Tips is the largest engineering community on the Internet

Intelligent Work Forums for Engineering Professionals

• Congratulations waross on being selected by the Eng-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

TNC530 ISV simulate M140

Status
Not open for further replies.

pracslipkerm

Mechanical
Dec 17, 2008
AU
Hi All,
I have a post with vnc for a Heidenhain TNC 530 which doesn't simulate the M140 MB command (move back along tool axis). Does anyone know how to add this into the vnc controller. I have done a bit on the post side but nothing with the vnc.
Thanks in Advance

Cheers
Steve Griffiths :)

If you want to make apple pie from scratch, first you must create the universe!

Replies continue below

Recommended for you

Hi,

Try using user defined events. To take out the M140.

I am not so trained on ISV.

Any ideas on how to manage the M140 MB MAX?
Thanks in advance

Cheers
Steve Griffiths :)

If you want to make apple pie from scratch, first you must create the universe!

what you could do write some code in the preprocess procedure (vnc file) that will first recognise the phrase and then you will have to tell nx what to do.

Steve,

I wanted to ask you before, but here it goes.

An UDE is not necessary at all here, I assume you already have M140 in your postprocessed output

The easiest solution, but not the right way, is to define some intervals e.g. from A to B move to position 1, from C to D move to 2 an so...

The proper solution involves some basic maths (not rotation-translation matrices as in cycle 19), just move the tool from where you are in its real axis direction in simulation, until you get intersection with one of the 3 plane's equation: one that defines Z limit, other Y and finally X, each intersection defines a vector, the shortest one will be the target point

that should give you some ideas

Any question feel free to contact me

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back