Eng-Tips is the largest engineering community on the Internet

Intelligent Work Forums for Engineering Professionals

• Congratulations waross on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

to design heat exchanger ina refinery 1

Status
Not open for further replies.

Chemical
Feb 25, 2003
IN
sir,
iam srinivas kumar completed my engineering in chemical
.i want to detail information from basics in designing a
heat exchanger (all types).please try to refer any books
or websites or any project work. i will be waiting for ur
help.
thanking you
n.srinivas

Replies continue below

Recommended for you

Process Heat Transfer by DQ Kern.
Perry's handbook.
If you have HTRI software accessible, they will give design manuals, which is very good.

97810, Try the "Handbook of Heat Transfer Applications" by McGraw Hill Book Co.. Also, Perry's Chem. Eng. and Perry's Engineering Manual are good resources, both are by McGraw Hill.

Hope this helps.
saxon

Nosey:

This Wolverine Databook II is great information and everyone should be grateful to you. However, the "real meat" of the information is not in the URL you furnished but, on the one prior to it:

There, you will find 32 Adobe Acrobat files corresponding to the index. This information is very important primarily because it is a product of a contribution by Kenneth Bell, who obviously wrote the chapter 2-section 6 part on the Bell-Delaware Method of shellside pressure drop.

This thread should be inserted into the Heat Transfer & Thermodynamics Forum in some fashion to alert the interested folks there.

Once again, thank you Nosey. You obviously have an inquiring and devious mind - the makings of a good engineer!

Art Montemayor
Spring, TX

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back