Intelligent Work Forums for Engineering Professionals

Toggle Leader Button for Notes

Status
Not open for further replies.

felix7502

Mechanical
Mar 24, 2003
US
I use this just enough to make it annoying. I want to attach a note to a particular place on the drawing (mostly CL symbol) and then I want to remove the leader without having to close the Note Manager.

Right now, I must place the note, close the Manager (because the No Leader button is grayed out), click on the note to reopen the Manager and click on the No Leader button.

I know I could make a block, but this doesn't help with other notes I occasionally need to attach or I could click on the arrow and hit delete, but I just want to be able to toggle the leader on and off.

Does anyone know how to do this?
Thanks, Sylvia

Replies continue below

Recommended for you

2016 SP3
I can also, turn off the leader AFTER I close the note and reopen it. Otherwise, the No Leader button is grayed out when I initially attach the note. Sylvia

I notice when I use this feature the leader will automatically not be placed if the note is located far enough away from the drawing view. I am not talking about half way across the page but maybe 1/2 inch on my screen with the view taking up about 70% of my usable screen space.

That's true, but I want the arrow attached to the part and then I want No Leader shown. There are (2) buttons, but the No Leader becomes grayed out when I click on the text box to annotate. I then must click out and click back in to activate the No Leader button.
There are no tool buttons or keyboard shortcuts to activate this, it's only available in the Feature Manager.
I've also tried Favorites and the Design Library. Neither achieves the goal.
Thanks for responding, Sylvia

Have you tried to click No Leader button before attaching the note?

"For every expert there is an equal and opposite expert"
Arthur C. Clarke Profiles of the future

Thanks, I can do that, but it isn't attached to the part, it's attached to the View. I want the notes to be attached to the point that I specify, and then I want to hide the leader (or turn it off). I could click out and click back in, click on the leader and delete or make a block. All ways require extra steps. As I said initially, I do this just enough to make it annoying. There are (2) buttons, I don't know why (1) is grayed out until you click back in and the No Leader button is not available as a tool.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back