Eng-Tips is the largest engineering community on the Internet

Intelligent Work Forums for Engineering Professionals

• Congratulations waross on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Tolerancing

Status
Not open for further replies.

Hayden

Mechanical
Jul 31, 2002
NZ
Hi,

Does anyone know how to supress the + or - signs from in front of zero values in a deviation tolerance on a dimension. I'd like to try and do this without exploding the dimension. A couple of examples of what I'd like to see are as follows:

+0.5 0
55 0 or 20-1

instead of

+0.5 +0
55-0 or 20-1.

Thanks

Hayden

Replies continue below

Recommended for you

Found this to work on AutoCAD 2000:

Assuming you have your unsightly dimension in view:

"Get" your dimension (i.e. on command line type
"-Dimstyle" return; return again to Restore; when asked to enter a dimension style or select dimension return again and select your dimension).

Now bring up your Dim style manager dialog box (Click your tool button or type "Dimstyle" without the preceding hyphen).
<style overrides> should be highlighted.
Click on &quot;Modify...&quot; - You may see the lower value (DIMTM) in your Tolerance Format set at something like 0,000000001.
Set this to zero by placing your cursor after the 1 and backspacing.
Press OK and Close.

Now apply your override. (i.e. &quot;-Dimstyle&quot; &quot;apply&quot; then select your dimension(s) and return)

I hope this is of use. You can modify your overall style obviously to take the above into account.

While you are at it - a style tip!

A space between your dimension value and the tolerance values would make the dim look clearer (space permitting).

In &quot;Dimension Style Manager > Primary Units Tab > Linear Dimension > Suffix&quot; type a space and save the modification etc.

Thanks for the reply JanekPop,

Unfortunately it didn't work for me. I'm using 2000i, perhaps that has something to do with it.

Cheers

Hayden

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back