Eng-Tips is the largest engineering community on the Internet

Intelligent Work Forums for Engineering Professionals

• Congratulations waross on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Tool box problems

Status
Not open for further replies.

ChristaC

Mechanical
Nov 12, 2003
CA
We have been using Solid works 2003. Just yesterday I changed to 2004. We are having tool box problems. When I open an old file (2003) it says:

<Unable to locate the file C:\toolbox parts\browser\PEM Inch\Fasteners\Flush Fastener_PMI.SLDPRT. Would you like to find it yourself?>

What do I need to do to fix this?

Thanks

Replies continue below

Recommended for you

Did you upgrade your toolbox at the same time? SW 2004 is looking for the 2004 toolbox. If that is not where you put the 2004 toolbox you need to modify SW2004 to look where you put it.

ChristaC
Try thread599-68054
That may have the info you are looking for. You may also want to look at the website posted by MadMango.
Hope that helps

I did install all parts of the 2004 program. In assembly files the Tool box tab is there. Where do I go to make sure it is mapped to the right location?

Look on your hard drive C:\Program Files\SolidWorks\Toolbox for the toolbox.ini file the path in there should match wherever your shared toolbox is installed. This is how ours looks. ToolboxPartFolder=r:\cad\solidworks\Toolbox data

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back