Eng-Tips is the largest engineering community on the Internet

Intelligent Work Forums for Engineering Professionals

• Congratulations waross on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

tool holder with oscillating for turning 1

Status
Not open for further replies.

katz

Computer
Jul 4, 2001
IL
Sirs
I am looking for any information abut Tool Holder for turnning that use oscillating or high vibration to halp
the cutting opration'
the tool holder can be for carbide or HSS cutting tips.
if any one heard abut a tool like this please give any information
thanks Katz

Replies continue below

Recommended for you

I worked for a company called Cranfield Precision in Beds, UK. They developed a small lathe for hard turning operations including off-axis and cam shaped components. To achieve this they designed a fast tool servo, synchronized to the workhead, utilizing a voice coil type actuator.

I believe that much other work has been done on fast tool servo's and you may find what you are looking for if you search along these lines.

Rich

De-vibration boring bar's are standard boring bar's with
cavitie's drilled and filled for loose carbide bit's to soak
up the chatter. This does not alway's work. the best way is
to have the entire bar made from chatter free metal.
there is a company called mac-tech in rochester MI, that
design's special cutter's. try them.

Electrical signals pickup vibration from ttool holder and generate a signal with 180 degree phase difference to neytralise vibration.

Incase you want a tungsten alloy boring bar can be supplied from India at very low cost contact happ@tr.dot.net.in

vksingh

Anti - Vibration bars nearly alwyas work, they are made by teeness in Trondheim, Norway and sold via us Sandvik.

The actual internal methods are a little more complex than a few holes filled with carbide, they are self tuning oil filled tubes basically

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back