Eng-Tips is the largest engineering community on the Internet

Intelligent Work Forums for Engineering Professionals

• Congratulations waross on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

TOOL LIBRARY 1

Status
Not open for further replies.

jevdesign

Mechanical
Jan 24, 2008
AR
First of all, I´m new here, hello everybody. I´m from Argentina and I´m user of NX5.
My question: is there a way to include RPM and Av into each tool. For example when I get a Ball mill in several operations, it always load in an automatic way the Rpm and Av velocity.

Juan E. Valente

Replies continue below

Recommended for you

It sounds like you want the Speed and feeds automatically set when you us a specific tool, correct?

There are several machining data parameters set in the default library that comes with NX. For example edit the Workpiece and set the part material to HSM P20 PREHARDENED. Edit the Tool and set the tool material to HSM END MILL TIALN COATED. Edit the method and set the Cut Method to HSM ROUGH MILING.
Now in the operation on the feed and speed dialog click Set machining data. The Feeds, Speeds, Stepover and Depth of cut should be set. Based upon the Part material, tool Material and method settings. You can edit the machining data libraries from Tools – Edit Machining Data Libraries. Once you get things set you can set the manufacturing preference to automatically set the machining data. Check out the help docs on Editing the Machining Data Library

John Joyce
Tata Technologies iKS
1675 Larimer St.
Denver, CO

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back