Eng-Tips is the largest engineering community on the Internet

Intelligent Work Forums for Engineering Professionals

• Congratulations waross on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Toolbar Icons are huge - AutoCad 3D 2009 1

Status
Not open for further replies.

MPENN

Civil/Environmental
Feb 8, 2002
US
Found a toolbar out of place, moved it, tripped on RIBBON and have some how have reset the size of the toolbar icons. The toolbars are now 0.6 inches high/wide from the docking side. Much to large and crowding the screen. I have searched the AutoCad Help without success. Any guidance is greatly appreciated. Our MIS has no expertise in AutoCad.

Replies continue below

Recommended for you

Thank you for the prompt response. The problem lies with the size (scale) of the tool bars and icons. Please advise.

Try this. Right click on the object snap button at the bottom of the screen. Select settings (left click). Left click on options in the dialogue box. Select the display tab. Uncheck 'Use large buttons for Toolbars'.
Hope it helps.

If we all agreed, we would be Communists.- Me.

sprink1313

You are the master. The idea that the user can not find this switch using the numerous Autodesk help screens is . . .

You are the master. Thanks

Glad it worked for you. I find with AutoCAD you can't fixed the problem untill you've had the problem twice.

If we all agreed, we would be Communists.- Me.

Here's an interesting twist- What if the LARGE icons are too big, and the small ones are too small (hi-res med-size 22"flt-pnl) display? There used to be a medium setting, but that was back when we were still using mid-res CRT monitors (19-21" 4x3 1024x768 CRT's), so small icons was the right answer. I guess since back then very few used the "Medium" sized setting, they did away with it ? Any way to regain that for today's mid-sized (22-24") utra-hi res (eg: 1680x1050 &up) monitors? The std size is WAY too small, and the large size is just too large on anything smaller than say 24".

Thoughts anyone?

Tks-

C. Fee

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back