Eng-Tips is the largest engineering community on the Internet

Intelligent Work Forums for Engineering Professionals

• Congratulations waross on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Toolbars not being saved on exit. UG NX

Status
Not open for further replies.

UGDAVE

Mechanical
Jan 29, 2004
US
I have a problem that my toolbars are not being saved when I exit UG NX. I have searched the ug_english and ug_env files but have not seen anything there to help.

This problem is becoming pretty hard to deal with. Please help.

Dave

Replies continue below

Recommended for you

Prefereneces - User Interface

Is the box for Save layout at exit checked?

My is and V18 doesn't save my settings, either. I also have admin rights on W2K. Old W2K system worked fine. Both IBM Z-Pro's, just newer one.

"Wildfires are dangerous, hard to control, and economically catastrophic."

Ben Loosli
CAD/CAM System Analyst
Ingersoll-Rand

Yes it is checked. I have another machine that was set up at the same time with the same settings and it saves the toolbars when the part file is saved.

This one have really got me.

UG posted a 'fix' for this problem awhile back, but it pertained to Win XP systems. For some reason XP wasn't allowing things to be saved to the registry.

I have the same problem on a Win2K box running UG NX2 with local "poweruser" privledges. An identically built box, software, and permissions at home, works fine.

-Dave

Gunman, that must be the deal, this is on a laptop running XP. Is it a patch I get from UG or settings that are changed in UG or windows?

Dave

CLICK ON PREFERENCES --> USER INTERFACE
CLICK ON THE FIRST RADIO BUTTON 'SAVE LAYOUT AT EXIT'
YOU MUST BE IN NAVTIVE UG - IF YOU ARE IN IMAN THE SETTINGS SOMETIMES DON'T GET SAVED.
WHEN YOU HAVE SET UP THE ICONS TO YOUR LIKING MAKE SURE YOU TOGGLE THE RADIO BUTTON 'OFF'.

Hello People,

quick question some of you users may have already tackled.

does anyone have a process to create :
good quality drawing output in .TIF format .. to scale, or at least a consistent scale. I need this output to support a further data management package.

your thoughts..

best regards........ Gary

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back